Gabriel Pevide / iStock.com
If you haven’t found your dream job in the real world, you might consider searching the metaverse. Top companies like Nike, Disney and Meta, the parent company of Facebook and Instagram, have all posted jobs looking for people to help with media, content and creative assets in the metaverse.
Metaverse careers: you might find your perfect job in the virtual world
Explore: The Best Metaverse Coins to Buy for 2022
Meta appears to be leading the pack, according to Business Insider, with 103 Metaverse-specific job postings on its website. At the end of 2021, Facebook issued a press release stating that it was looking to hire 10,000 people in Europe over the next five years for Metaverse-specific positions.
Many jobs in the metaverse will be for highly skilled people, including engineers and developers who can create groundbreaking metaverse infrastructure and new technologies. Other roles will involve content creation, including ad design and placement. Of course, the metaverse will also require executives, managers, and people to fulfill strategic roles, just as organizations do in the real world. Since many companies, including Meta, consider Metaverse activities as a separate branch of their business, they will need accountants, finance managers, marketing managers, project managers, etc.
See: McDonald’s enters the metaverse: order real burgers via the virtual world
Find: Gen Z wants the Metaverse to look like an online mall, new survey finds
Business Insider shared a list of the top companies currently hiring for jobs in the Metaverse, along with a sample of each company’s job postings. You can visit each company’s careers page on their website for more information or to apply.
- Meta – financial partner; Director, Technical Program Management; engineer trainee
- Microsoft — Senior Program Manager – Mixed Reality; Senior Design Strategist; software engineer; 3D environment art manager; senior UX strategist
- Roblox – Technical sourcer – metaverse avatars and game engines; senior graphics engineer; Senior Product Manager, Advertising; senior gameplay engineer
- Nike — Director of Metaverse Engineering; senior innovation engineer; virtual hardware designer; innovation expert program manager – blockchain
- Disney — Head of Product Design; digital creation; sales and marketing director
- Gucci — Web3 Manager
More from GOBankingRates