CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, Dec. 8, 2021 / PRNewswire / – LendingTree®, the country’s leading online lending market, released its investigation highlighting the impact of zodiac signs and horoscopes on how Americans make financial decisions. The survey found that 19.2% of Americans made a financial decision based on their horoscope, and an additional 30.6% would consider doing so. Millennials are the most likely to make a financial decision based on their horoscope.
- 19.2% of Americans made a financial decision based on their horoscope, and a further 30.6% would consider doing so.
- Millennials are the most likely to make a financial decision based on their horoscope. 30.1% of millennials made a financial decision based on their horoscope, as did 24.1% of Gen Z.
- The most common financial choices influenced by the horoscope were to save more money (42.1%), splurge (33.5%), buy or sell stocks (23.1%) and change jobs (23.1%).
- Americans think Capricorns are the best with money and think Gemini are the worst.
- Cancers care the most about money, while Sagittarians report the least anxiety about money. That said, Sagittarians have the lowest average credit scores of any sign.
To view the full report, visit
LendingTree commissioned Qualtrics to conduct an online survey of 2,049 U.S. consumers from Nov 3 to Nov 5, 2021. The survey was administered using a non-probability sample, and quotas were used to ensure that the sample frame represents the overall population. All responses were reviewed by researchers for quality control.
We have defined the generations as the following ages in 2021:
- Generation Z: 18 to 24 years old
- Millennial: 25 to 40
- Generation X: 41 to 55
- Baby boomers: 56 to 75 years old
While the survey also included silent generation consumers (those 76 and older), the sample size was too small to include results for this group in generational distributions.
To calculate the zodiac signs with the highest and lowest FICO scores, the researchers analyzed more than 90,000 anonymized credit card reports from LendingTree account holders, calculated in the first two weeks of November 2021.
LendingTree (NASDAQ: TREE) is the nation’s leading online marketplace that gives consumers the choices they need to be confident in their financial decisions. LendingTree empowers consumers to make smarter financial decisions through choice, education and support. Consumers can compare multiple offers from a nationwide network of over 500 partners in a single search and can choose the option that best meets their financial needs. Services include mortgages, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student loans, insurance, credit cards and more. Through the login experience, consumers receive free credit scores, credit monitoring, recommendations for improving credit health, and notifications when the proprietary algorithm identifies a savings opportunity. LendingTree, LLC is a subsidiary of LendingTree, Inc. For more information, visit www.lendingtree.com, call 800-555-TREE, like our Facebook page and / or follow us on Twitter @LendingTree.
CONTACT WITH THE MEDIA: